AS A lawyer in today's market, you're expected not only to deliver solid legal results, but to drive revenue and consistently source and win new business for your firm.
How to be a great lawyer? You already know. How to be a great rainmaker? We’re about to tell you…
Managing Partner and David H. Freeman, internationally acclaimed business development expert and coach, presents: Secrets of the Masters: The Business Development Guide for Lawyers.
This inspirational handbook is packed with hundreds of proven tools, tips, and techniques for increasing revenue and forging relationships with clients and colleagues that will last you a lifetime. The rainmaking secrets revealed will enable you to:
- Find practice niches;
- Apply alternative fees;
- Accelerate cross-selling;
- Categorise your key targets;
- Use social media effectively;
- Identify and build personal strengths;
- Deliver exceptional levels of client service;
- Build powerful internal and external networks;
- Get client meetings and maximise their effectiveness;
- Improve lateral success and enhance lateral integration; and
- Make business development a career-long, sustainable process.
Secrets of the Masters features a highly regarded team of over two dozen law firm marketing and business development experts who offer their insight, experiences, and real-world tips on attracting, retaining, and growing your client base.
Each chapter also includes an extensive range of business development approaches and mini case studies, along with a useful planning worksheet which prompts you to make decisions and take action.
PLUS...Within the complimentary CD-Rom you'll find all the supporting worksheets and checklists featured throughout the book, along with a personal business development plan template to help you tailor your strategies.
“Secrets of the Masters” is the most comprehensive, yet practical “how to” guide I’ve seen for developing business in the legal industry. Whether you’re a young lawyer starting to build a practice and reputation, or a seasoned practitioner looking to achieve the next level of success, this book is your roadmap. Simply stated, if you heed its principles, you will make more money.” - Jonathan Fitzgarrald, Chief Marketing Officer of Greenberg Glusker and author of BADfortheBRAND.com
- Chapter 1: Finding niches and developing your strategy
- Chapter 2: Growing networks and staying memorable
- Chapter 3: Getting and maximizing meetings
- Chapter 4: Client loyalty – Delivering exceptional client service
- Chapter 5: Cross-selling – Working together to get more work from existing clients
- Chapter 6: Maximizing business development for laterals
- Chapter 7: Social networking, social media, websites and search engine optimization
- Chapter 8: Alternative fee arrangements
- Chapter 9: Sustainability techniques